THE WESTMINSTER FOUNDATION
The Westminster Foundation, Princeton, New Jersey, Inc. is an independent, tax-exempt, non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the legacy and ensuring the future of Westminster Choir College in Princeton, New Jersey, and to opposing efforts by Rider University to sell or close Westminster Choir College. The Foundation is not affiliated with Rider University or Westminster Choir College.
Given the ongoing uncertainty regarding a secure and lasting future for Westminster Choir College, WCC alumni, former trustees, faculty, donors and friends came together in December 2016 and established the Westminster Foundation. The Foundation advocates for the separation of the Choir College from Rider University and the continuation of its operations on its campus in Princeton, New Jersey. A move to Rider’s Lawrenceville campus, already underway by Rider University, would result in the elimination of a separate and independent Westminster Choir College, possibly leading to the ultimate loss of this renowned and treasured cultural institution altogether.
Formed by a diverse group of stakeholders committed to working together to advocate for Westminster’s future, the Foundation will engage in efforts to secure a strong, healthy and thriving Westminster Choir College. The Foundation will not yield in its efforts to preserve and protect the future of this unique and important cultural phenomenon. The Westminster Foundation is not affiliated with Rider University or with Westminster Choir College.
The Mission of the Westminster Foundation is to ensure the continued existence of and support for Westminster Choir College as a music conservatory of world renown in Princeton, New Jersey. The specific objectives and purposes include, but are not limited to:
· Exploring and developing strategies necessary to separate Westminster Choir College from Rider University in order to ensure that generations to come will have the opportunity to receive its first-rate, broad musical and educational training;
· Providing a solid, self-sustaining network and forum of alumni, supporters, and benefactors to promote this effort;
· Providing support for legal actions to block Rider University’s proposed sale, relocation, or closing of Westminster Choir College;
· Providing independent scholarships to Westminster Choir College students to help foster and nurture the school in this sensitive time; and
· Preserving the Westminster Conservatory and the Westminster Continuing Education program.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
The Foundation leadership is committed to accountability and good stewardship of all funds received. Here is how you can give your financial support today!
MAKE A CONTRIBUTION OR PLEDGE
The generous support of the entire Westminster community is critical to the success of the
CHECK OR MONEY ORDER
If you would like to lend your support today, please send a check or money order to:
The Westminster Foundation
174 Nassau Street #124
Princeton, NJ 08542
ONLINE BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
To contribute online, please click on the Contribute link below.
Contributions to the Westminster Foundation, Princeton, New Jersey, Inc. are tax-deductible
pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. (EIN 82-4291802).
Contributions made to the Westminster Foundation, Princeton, New Jersey, Inc. are not refundable.
The Westminster Foundation, Princeton, New Jersey, Inc.
is not affiliated with Rider University or Westminster Choir College.
Your financial support is vital and greatly appreciated. Thank you for your contribution.